Saturday, March 7, 2009

Island View Crit

Well I started off the day with a nice stuffed blunt - wait I mean group ride. Been listening to too much Nickatina. Felt ok and spent half the time trash talking with Ryan Yee about how I didn't want to race for his "Fly V Australia" team (after I asked about it and he said no, haha). I got home then ate and cleaned up then drove to the research park, registered, skated, trash talked some more, got dressed, warmed up and rolled to the start line. Right from the gun a break goes with a bunch of dangerous cats like Cody O'Reilly, Eric Bennett, and Danny Finneran. I was in a bad start spot and didn't get in that break that lapped the field in a matter of about 15 minutes. I hung in and got some primes and with 6 laps to go I shift and BANG! mechanical. Chain goes around the dropout and stay, but I assess the situation and fix it then roll to the pit where they push me back in after a free lap. If that would have happened one lap later I would have been finished. I rode the last laps in a 45x13 spinning about 150 cadence. Sprinted in and got spit on by some idiot, so I raised my hands and came across the line with the infamous female dog lady right there.

James rode a very aggressive race and was in the front 1/3 the whole time killing it and best of all was really helping me out with advice and guidance on where to be and what to do. He really is a great friend and teammate no matter how much we joke around with each other. Well they did not put James on the results but I guess I got 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment