Sunday, January 18, 2009

January 17-18 weekend

Saturday I started with the Ventura group ride that leaves from Juice on Chestnut. We had an easy spin up to bates at around 18-20 mph. Threw it in a hard gear for bates but still managed to be at the front. We waited for everyone to regroup then we started towards the first lake climb with Ryan Yee and a few other guys messing around and attacking for kicks, then i put it in a 45x17 or so and just grind it out passing them with a response from Scott but he faded and the front group caught me so I just sat on over the first climb then faded about 200 meters from the top of the second climb. I waited up for the SB ride and rode with them up to Carp and rode with Tom Soloday (Time Pro Cycling) after he flatted.

Sunday started out weird with me feeling tired and telling Eric Bennett I would just meet him in SB for the ride. I then woke up around 7:15 got suited up and chased onto the Sunday group ride once again easy up to Bates then harder gear but tried out my sprint and passed a few people for the top spot. The 192 was a pain fest with out of the ordinary attacks from Ventura riders. A group of three consisting of Noble Sr., Tory, and me went up the road and were joined by two others who then split us up with Mark and Mark up the road a few seconds and the three of us chasing. By the end we just opened it up and i passed everyone except for Mark Tucker. I continued to the Santa Barbara Worlds ride. All I can say is FAST!! With paces around the 30s to 40s on the flats and 20s on the hills. I followed Brandon Droese after that and ended up in Isla Vista on accident so I stopped for a rest. Then rode the 45 miles home, which racked up a long 7 hours in the saddle and about 120 miles. BIG MISTAKE! But I am riding easy tomorrow so its all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment