Saturday, February 7, 2009

Forgot to blog

Well two weeks ago was a weekend of debauchery cause I was sick, which lasted all the way through the week til poor college kids road race. Still feeling sick I completed one lap then pulled out succumbing to blown legs and mucus filled lungs and nose.

Day two was Mothballs. I got up and drove up feeling better than the day before but I couldn't eat in the morning, because I would feel sick to my stomache so I had a half eaten bowl of oatmeal in my car all day long. Talk about gross! Well the threes started and I just rode the race thinking i was gonna feel like crap. The opposite was true and I felt great. I made it into a few moves and did a few solo efforts racking up a few primes and blocking for teammates. In the end no matter where Dominic Galenti (teammate) and I went, we were blocked and forced back as if the racers were all against us. Ryan Cleveland ended up 7th and Kevin Miller was 14th. Dom and I ended up 29th and 33rd.

here is my race report to the team:
As some of you may have heard I was seriously ill from Sunday til Thursday last week, and still was feeling the affects this weekend. Saturday I drove up to Los Olivos to race the Poor College Kids Road Race. In the threes, the pace was pretty mellow for the first quarter of the race then the pace ramped up at the turn around and I hung on until the hill then shattered. I rode in and called it a day.

Day two at Mothballs turned out a bit better. In the 3s I got in a couple breaks and won a few primes but both Dom (Little) and I were shut out of the sprint by the sworming peleton, but Ryan ended up in 7th and Kevin was 14th and Dom and I were 29th and 33rd respectively.

The junior race started out well with all of us working together and covering everything that needed to be covered and Ryan and I spent most of the time chasing down break attempts and working so others could do well, so we decided one of us was to be the lead out and he covered an attack with 2 to go so he was spent so for the final lap I went to the front and hammered and came around the final corner first followed by two non sprinters then came Josh with Dom, Dave, and Geoffrey on his wheel who took the first four spots in the sprint. The relegation is the story that followed that will go in history books in a few years.

That is it for now.
Sam Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment